ENBIS-16 in Sheffield11 – 15 September 2016; Sheffield Abstract submission: 20 March – 4 July 2016
Pre-Conference Workshop on "The New ISO 18404 Standard on Six Sigma" by Tony Bendell11 September 2016, 14:00 – 16:30
This half-day ENBIS-16 pre-conference workshop will be given by Tony Bendell (United Kingdom). It can be booked here
TARGET GROUP: Anyone interested in Six Sigma application or ISO 18404, or considering certification as an individual or organisation
The presentation describes the new ISO 18404:2015 international standard for Lean and Six Sigma certification, why it was created, and the competences required of Six Sigma & Lean practitioners under the standard, plus the requirements for organisational certification. It debates the need for such a standard and reports on progress with national accreditation of certification under the standard, and how the standard is being received.
It also considers
- The role of the Royal Statistical Society and formation of the sector scheme.
- How lack of a standard has allowed bad practice and training issues in Six Sigma and Lean.
- The desire for change.
- The creation of ISO18404 as an auditable Six Sigma and Lean standard for organisations and practitioners.
- Progress in implementation.
- Opportunities for application within UK and global organisations and the link to, and role of, business statisticians.
2pm Introduction & Purposes in Attending
2.15pm Overview of the ISO 18404 standard:
Current abuses with Six Sigma and Lean & Why the ISO 18404 standard was created
The standards management requirements
Practitioner competency requirements
3.45pm Use of the the ISO 18404 standard for stocktakes and Certification:
Lean & the standard
Six Sigma & the standard
Lean & Six Sigma combined
Arrangements for Accredited Certification of organisations & individuals under the standard
TEACHING OBJECTIVES & LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- To enable delegates to understand and avoid the main shortfalls & risk in current Six Sigma and Lean implementation
- To familiarise delegates with the competency requirements for Six Sigma (& Lean Six Sigma) Green Belts, Black Belts, Master Black Belts or the Lean equivalents under ISO 18404
- To enable delegates to understand the certification requirements for organisations under ISO 18404 and how to build an appropriate management system
- To enable delegates to take stock of an organisations Six Sigma and Lean programme and start to build an action plan for improvement, and possibly certification, against ISO 18404
- To assist delegates to start to build a personal development plan for their own personal development, and possible certification, against the ISO 18404 competency requirements