- On the website of the statistics department you can find information about the programme of studies as well as important events at the department.
- The Collaborative Research Centre 475: Reduction of Complexity for Multivariate Data Structures is an interdisciplinary research programme dealing with the analysis of complex data. The Senate of the German Research Council (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft – DFG) has awarded the research centre to the University of Dortmund for the years 2006-2009. It was already inaugurated on July, 1st, 1997 and is now in its fourth and hence last period of aid.
- Since July 1st, 2004, the department of statistics has been able to finance up to 13 PhD students and one Postdoc through the Research Training Group ‘Statistical Modelling’. The college is aimed at research on "Statistical Modelling" as a link between theory and practice as well as the various applications in statistics, e.g. biometrics or econometrics.
- The department of statistics is also a member of the Graduate School of Production Engineering and Logistics. The College offers interdisciplinary courses, seminars and research projects emphasizing research in the areas of production and logistics aimed at the development and application of adaptable production process chains and systems for the modern global market. A limited number of particularly qualified applicants are granted a monthly scholarship
- If you are interested in the University of Dortmund take at look at their website.
- The website of the city of Dortmund offers a lot of information about events, leisure activities, sports, local culture, tourism, and more.