The mission of ENBIS is:
- Foster and facilitate the application and understanding of statistical methods to the benefit of European business and industry,
- Provide a forum for the dynamic exchange of ideas and facilitate networking among statistical practitioners (a statistical practitioner is any person using statistical methods whether formally trained or not),
- Nurture interactions and professional development of statistical practitioners regionally and internationally.
ENBIS has adopted the subsequent points as its vision.
- To promote the widespread use of sound science driven, applied statistical methods in European business and industry,
- That membership consists primarily of statistical practitioners from business and industry,
- To emphasize multidisciplinary problem solving involving statistics,
- To facilitate the rapid transfer of statistical methods and related technologies to and from business and industry,
- To link academic teaching and research in statistics with industrial and business practice,
- To facilitate and sponsor continuing professional development,
- To keep its membership up to date in the field of statistics and related technologies,
- To seek collaborative agreements with related organizations.
ENBIS is a web based society:
- Membership interactions and administration via the internet
- Services, news and newsletter available on the web