Special Interest Groups
Each ENBIS member may join any number of Special Interest Groups. These groups (or SIGs) are formed to bring ENBIS members together with common interests to
- organise workshops with very specialised talks, that can go into a lot of depth as all the members have a high-level understanding of the topics discussed
- organise tutorials on emerging methods that might be interesting for the working group members
- write recommendations for particular fields of application
- take an interesting data set, analyse it in sub groups or alone and discuss the various analysis options afterwards
- serve as a network so that individual members find quick collegiate consultancy if needed
It is very much up to the individual special interest group (and its leadership/coordination team), what kind of route is chosen.