ENBIS-18 in Nancy2 – 6 September 2018; Ecoles des Mines, Nancy (France) Abstract submission: 20 December 2017 – 4 June 2018
ENBIS (the European Network for Business and Industrial Statistics) is a platform where statistical practitioners and academic statisticians from Europe and beyond meet, exchange ideas and design new projects. Individual membership of ENBIS is free. Many ENBIS network activities are web-based, but some take place face-to-face. Spring meetings are always dedicated to a special topic (e.g. data mining, reliability, DOE, etc.), whereas the annual conference (which traditionally takes place every September) hosts presentations from a wide variety of sectors, ranging from manufacturing to service, from private to public sector. Conference contributions can consist of introductions and overviews (presenting an area of expertise to the uninitiated), reviews (presenting state of the art advances in scientic research), and best practice communications (sharing experiences of practitioners). In short: The annual conference features both theoretical and practical papers. In addition, people from industry and business are invited to present their problems and current solutions and pick the brains of other conference participants to nd better solutions than their current ones.
The annual conference session topics include but are not limited to, the special areas of interest that exist within ENBIS (formalised in the so-called Special Interest Groups). The non-exhaustive list includes:
- Design of Experiments
- Measurement Uncertainty
- Process Modeling and Control
- Reliability and Safety
- Statistics in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Statistical Computing
- Statistical Methods for Industrial Hygiene
- Operational Risk Management
- Statistics in Practice
- Stochastic Modelling
- Quality Improvement and Six Sigma
- Data Mining and Warehousing
- Machine Learning
- Predictive Analytics
In addition to contributed sessions, ENBIS-18 includes 5 invited sessions and 15 special sessions.
Additionally, the annual conference also features distinguished keynote speakers (George Box, Blanton Godfrey, Stu Hunter, Doug Montgomery and David Hand are just a few well-known names from a long list of recent speakers), invited and contributed sessions, workshops and panel discussions, as well as pre- and post-conference courses.
Keynotes at ENBIS-18 will be delivered by Jean-Yves Tourneret and Piercesare Secchi and by the Box Medalist (Ron Kenett).
Confirmed pre- and post-conference events in the framework of ENBIS-18 are:
- High-dimensional Markov Chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) Methods for Bayesian Image Processing Applications by Jean-Yves Tourneret and Marcelo Pereyra, on September 2nd,
- Exploring Mixed Models Through Case Studies by Volker Kraft and Tim Robinson, on September 5th,
- A joint ECAS-ENBIS 1-day summer school on September 6th, with the topics:
- Introduction to Deep Learning by Stéphane Canu
- An Introduction to Generalized Additive Modelling in R by Matteo Fasiolo