ENBIS-9 in Göteborg20 – 24 September 2009 Abstract submission: 1 February – 31 May 2009
The nineth annual conference of ENBIS will be held in Göteborg, Sweden, 21-23 September, 2009, with Pre conference courses on September 20, and post conference courses on Septenber 24.
ENBIS9: Quantitative Process Analysis for Creation of Business Opportunities and Solutions
ENBIS9 will have four keynote speakers, and we are happy to announce all of them now:
- Stu Hunter from the University in Princeton and co-author of the famous Box, Hunter, Hunter book on "Statistics for Experimenters".
- Martina Vandebroek , Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, most ENBIS members will know her as a great presenter in the area of applied Experimental Design.
- Alessandra Giovagnoli , University of Bologna, is Professor for Statistics at the Economic Deparment, but with a broad interest in especially biomedical applications.
- Tom Johnstone , CEO SKF Göteborg.
- John Sall , co-founder of SAS leader of JMP business division will give a dinner talk at the conference dinner.
Pre-and Post- conference courses
Besides the highly interesting main programme of the conference we are happy to announce, that we again are able to offer a number of pre- and post-conference courses:
On Sunday, September 20 we have
- Consultancy Skills for Statisticians , by Roland Caulcutt of Caulcutt Associates, a highly useful course about the special relationship between statisticians and their clients
- Advanced Graphics & R-Excel , by Christian Ritter of R and D Consulting, giving an introduction to the use of R-Excel and how to use advanced graphical tools for better communication about results.
On Thursday, September 24, we have
- DataMining for Practitioners , by Andrea Ahlemeyer-Stubbe of antz21, a hands-on introduction to effecticve Datamining.
- Robust Design for Reliability , an ENBIS/GMMC worksho, which will focus on the design principles and systematic methods to avoid failures.
Call for Papers
The call for paper is still available, but abstract submission is closed. Full papers or presentations can be submitted starting end of this month, until then you still can correct your abstracts. To go onto the CD, papers or presentations should be submitted before August 31st For the preparation of your presentation or poster, please do have a look at the guidelines .
About GöteborgGöteborg is situated on the west coast of Sweden, well connected to both national and international airports and railway networks. For further information, please see the travel section. In Göteborg everything is "just around the corner", and a wide variety of hotels, excellent restaurants, superb cultural attractions and fabulous shopping can be found within walking distance of the Congress. Göteborg is also well-known for its closeness to the sea, with a beautiful coastline and many islands and fishing villages. For more information about what Göteborg has to offer, please visit the official visitor's guide: www.goteborg.com.
Hotel and Travel
We are looking forward to welcome you in Göteborg!
Sponsors of ENBIS9
| Unilever R&D, Data Science|