Pre-Conference Course: Advanced Graphics & R-Excel20 September 2009
This course is all about how to create advanced statistical graphics using Excel with support from R.
Speaker:Christian Ritter, Consultant
1. Review of basic principles governing the effective display of quantitative information.
2. Advanced statistical graphics in Excel: what is easy? what is hard?
how can one get around some of the limitations?
How to make an x-y graph with dynamic axes?
How to use sliders to dynamically adjust the data section shown in a time graph?
How to make efficient control charts 3. Extending Excel by R using RExcel
- Basic working principles of RExcel
- How to pass data between Excel and R
- Using the RCommander to find interesting graphs
- Using Excel to fine tune R-graphs
- Handling the Excel / R communication in VBA
- Licensing issues related to using R and RExcel.