ENBIS Spring Meeting 201019 – 20 April 2010
The ENBIS spring meeting of 2010 will be dedicated to Measurement Systems and Process Improvements and is jointly organised with IMEKO - TC21. It will take place at National Physical Laboratory, London, England.
ENBIS - IMEKO TC 21 workshop on
Measurement systems and process improvement
19-20, April 2010
National Physical Laboratory, London, England
jointly organised by
National Physical Laboratory and ISRU, Newcastle University
This Measurements Systems and Process Improvement (MSPI) workshop brings together measurement scientists, manufacturing engineers, quality professionals and statisticians to examine the role of measurements systems in statistical process control, product conformance assessment and quality improvement. The workshop will cover topics such as:
- Measurement systems analysis;
- Conformance assessment;
- Standards for measurement uncertainty evaluation;
- Coordinate measuring systems and process control;
- Measurement assisted assembly.
The workshop will consist of:
- 30 minutes invited sessions;
- 20 minutes contributed sessions;
- Poster sessions.
Call for Papers
Abstract submission deadline: 10 December 2009
You are invited to submit an abstract for the workshop.
- Abstracts, up to one A4 page can be submitted via the workshop website http://conferences.npl.co.uk/mspi/papers.html
- Authors will receive notice of acceptance and instructions for full paper submission by 14 January 2010.
- Full papers will be made available in electronic format.
The workshop is held as a joint ENBIS - IMEKO TC21 activity.
- The aim of ENBIS, the European Network for Business and Industrial Statistics, is to foster and facilitate the application and understanding of statistical methods to the benefit of business and industry.
- IMEKO is the International Measurement Confederation. Technical Committee 21, Mathematical Tools for Measurements promotes the harmonisation, the co-ordinated use and the development of new mathematical and statistical tools for measurements.
- NPL is the UK's national metrology institute, responsible for the development and dissemination of measurement standards.
- The mission of ISRU, the Industrial Statistics Research Unit at Newcastle University, UK, is to improve business performance through the application of statistical techniques.
International Programme Committee
Prof Alistair Forbes
NPL, UK, Chair
Dr Shirley Coleman
ISRU, Newcastle, UK, Co-Chair
The following have agreed to serve on the programme committee:
Prof Kai Cheng
Dr Tracey Cool
Dr Peter Harris
Prof Xiang Jiang
Dr Birger Madsen
Prof Paul Maropoulos
Dr Franco Pavese
Dr Leslie Pendrill
Dr Christophe Perruchet
Dr Leslie Pendrill
MSPI Chair contact details:
Professor Alistair Forbes
National Physical Laboratory, Hampton Road, Teddington, UK, TW11 0LW
Telephone: +44 20 8943 6348
Registration for MSPI 2010 is now open. Contributing speakers are required to register for the workshop. Register online at http://conferences.npl.co.uk/mspi/registration.html
NPL have agreed MPSI rates with the Lenbsury Hotel, Teddington, UK. To make your hotel reservation, please call +44 20 8614 6402, or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 15366.
MSPI Workshop Dinner
A workshop dinner will be held on 19 April 2010.
The MSPI 2010 workshop will be held at the National Physical Laboratory (NPL) which is situated 20 km south west of central London and adjacent to the historic Royal Palace of
Hampton Court. The National Physical Laboratory www.npl.co.uk (NPL) is the UK's National Measurement Institute and is a world-leading centre of excellence in developing and applying the most accurate measurement standards, science and technology. For more than a century NPL has developed and maintained the nation's primary measurement standards. These standards underpin an infrastructure of traceability throughout the UK and the world that ensures accuracy and consistency of measurement.
NPL is within easy reach of London's main airports and is well served by road and rail links. For directions / maps please visit www.npl.co.uk/contact-us
National Physical Laboratory
Telephone: +44 20 8943 6459
Fax: +44 20 8614 0501